7 Symptoms of a Mold Infestation in the Home or Workplace

Posted by Angela Ostroff on 12 September, 2016


Have you been feeling less than fantastic for an ongoing amount of time? If you’re sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, the most important step you need to take in order to start feeling better is to identify the cause of your ailments. It is obviously important to take into account your own personal medical history and seek professional help when attempting to identify the cause of ongoing health issues: but it is also important to educate yourself about potential causes. One oft-overlooked cause of health problems is hidden mold in the home or workplace.

Mold can often be identified either visually or through its strong, musty odor, but this is not always the case: mold can sometimes lie hidden in out of the way places; but many spores are still typically released into the surrounding environment. They can cause a wide spectrum of health problems ranging from coughing and sneezing to nerve damage, depending on the type of mold and the size of the infestation. Regardless, it is important to be aware of these risks and to act quickly to kill mold as soon as it is discovered.

Here are the 7 most common symptoms associated with mold exposure: 

  1. Headaches, grogginess, and sensitivity to light.
  2. Sneezing, coughing, and other allergy-like respiratory symptoms.
  3. Congestion
  4. Strong thirst and frequent urination.
  5. Red eyes, tearing, and itchiness in the mouth, nose, eyes and ears.
  6. Abdominal pain, bloating, and digestive sensitivity.
  7. Appetite swings.

If you are experience any of these aforementioned symptoms, there is a chance that mold could be the cause. Considering a few simple questions about yourself and your home can help you determine more effectively if this is the case.

Here are a few signs that mold may be the cause of your illness:

  • Musty odors and old buildings tend to bother you.
  • Your home or place of work has experienced flooding during the last year.
  • Your home or place of work has leaky pipes, a leaky roof, or discoloration due to past water damage.
  • Your symptoms worsen on rainy days.
  • You experience recurring flu-like symptoms, unexplained shortness of breath, or skin rashes.

Here are a few of the most important treatment options for people affected by mold.

  • Remove yourself from the mold-infested environment until the infestation has been successfully removed! No other form of treatment will be effective unless this step is followed.
  • Do a self-examination for localized fungal infections--and seek professional treatment if you find any suspicious areas.
  • Most symptoms will clear up within a week of removing yourself from the mold-infested environment: in the meantime, allergy medication may help control some of your symptoms.

Left untreated, a mold infestation can cause chronic illness and severe discomfort. Fortunately, there are many solutions to mold. Professional mold removal services abound, and innovations in technology and mold-removal products have made do it yourself mold removal easier than ever. If you’re ready to kill mold and take control of your home once and for all, visit Rapid Mold Removal online today!

← Previous post   |   Next post →